Monday, March 9, 2009

Iditarod XXXVII Update

Day 3 of the 37th Iditarod and Lance Mackey has checked into Skwentna in 4th place. He started in 47th. Mackey still has all 16 dogs and is averaging nearly 9mph.

I will be following Mackey the entire race and wish him the best of luck.

Currently Sebastian Schnuelle is in 1st place. I am sure he is sweating knowing Mackey is only a short distance behind him. But its a very long race, a lot can happen in 1000 miles.

Bringing up the rear in the "Red Lantern" position is New Jerseys own Kim Darst.

Kim Darst, 40, was born and raised in Blairstown, New Jersey. She is a helicopter pilot by profession. "One of my students purchased an Alaska Husky from Susan Butcher for me as a gift. It all started there. My kennel consists of 30 Alaskans all of Susan's lines with the exception of four of Rob Downey's. I have worked the last 10 years to get to this point and look forward to getting Susan's dogs back to their origin." She is a member of AOPA - Whirly Girls and says her hobby is water skiing.

Kim is no slouch, she is averaging over 9mph. Lets wish her the best of luck.

No comments:

 
Subscribe to RLCDE

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com