Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Delaware Tax Tea Party

This email was received from my friend and fellow conservative Chris Shirey.

If you are available to attend please do so. We need as many people as possible.

I am happy to announce that the Delaware Tax Day Tea Party will be officially announced on March 23. The announcement will be made at the Laurel town council meeting where our event request form will hopefully be approved. The meeting will be held at the town hall, located at Poplar and Mechanic Streets and starts at 7 pm. Please feel welcome to attend the meeting and show support.
There has been many request to hold a Tea Party in Dover and possibly Wilmington. I have not yet been able to find an area that does not require a $1 million insurance rider. I am looking for a solution to this problem and I would be grateful for any help in this area. This a problem that organizers are finding all over the country. One suggestion has been to not plan anything official, but to simply invite folks to take a walk around the Federal Building and Legislation Mall during a set hour. I do not know of any law that prohibits you from carrying a sign that expresses your concerns while you walk about town. This same thing could be done in Wilmington. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
With the event a month away, we need to get the chatter going. Please start talking about the Tea Party. We need to get the media interested. Please send letters to the editor and call radio and TV stations and ask if they know anything about the Tax Day Tea Party. I will be sending out a press release this weekend and the media needs to know there is an interest in the community.
I will keep you posted on how things are progressing. I am starting a list of volunteers. Please let me know if you would like to help out. This could be anything from directing traffic and assisting in handicap parking to helping with our mailing list. I have also been asked for suggestions on how to make a protest sign. I am beginning to look at entertainment for the event. I would especially like to have some activities for the kids since this is a family event. There are many ways to help. If you would like to help, please email me.
Thank you
Chris Shirey

DelawareTaxTeaParty@gmail.com

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions
that I wish it to be always kept alive.” Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

shirts4freedom said...

hey everyone-- Get ready for the Tea Party with gear from www.shirts4freedom.com

 
Subscribe to RLCDE

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com