Saturday, March 14, 2009

Iditarod Update 3-14-2009

I know this is a political blog but one of the things I look forward to every year is the Iditarod. This year was no exception. I was very eager to see what Lance Mackey would do after winning 2 years in a row. On top of that he went with an entire new team of dogs so even though I cant get enough Mackey I was concerned about the performance of this new team.

This morning Mackeys performance put a huge smile on my face. Lance is still in 1st place and he is a full 4 hours ahead of the 2nd place team which is no longer Jeff King. Lance took his 8 hour mandatory rest and in on a sprint to the finish line.

Mackey left Grayling at 22:55 local time on the 12th with all 16 dogs.

There will be a few more sleepless nights for me. I will be up many times a night checking on the status of the race.
Good luck to you Mackey and team. I am pulling for you!

No comments:

 
Subscribe to RLCDE

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com