Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hold(er) On There Mister!

I have been avoiding this story because no matter what I say it is going to be racist. Oh wait I am a coward for not talking about it. But Jesse and Al will demonstrate in front of my house if I mention it. I am confused.

I work with blacks, I am friends with blacks, I eat lunch with blacks, I even invited, and she accepted, a black girl to my families house for Thanksgiving. The same black girl that came to my families house for Thanksgiving follows me and my daughter around doing her hair for pageants. I actually consider her family.

All that said, Eric Holder thinks I am a coward because she and I do not discuss the fact that she is black and I am white on a regular basis. The last I heard blacks wanted equal treatment and did not like their color being pointed out all the time.

Here is the real deal. No matter how much time passes white people will always be held accountable for slavery. No matter what whites do there will always be blacks that say what they are doing is wrong. There is no solution to this "issue".

In case you did not realize it, I have never owned a slave. There is no blacks living today that were slaves. I am not sorry for slavery. I think it was wrong but there is nothing I can do about. If I could travel in a time machine to when slavery was "popular" I would not own a slave.

Did you know free blacks in the 1800's owned black slaves? It is also a common misconception that white Americans went to Africa with traps and trapped "slaves". Truth be told black Africans sold slaves to us. They rounded them up and brought them to us. We are not the first people to own slaves. Slavery has been around as long as mankind.

Here is an interesting article about slavery in 2008. That's right, when evil whitey abolished slavery the world did not become a slave free place. There is actually more slaves now than there was during that dark time in our history.

http://matadorchange.com/10-shocking-facts-about-global-slavery-in-2008/


I think its ironic that Holder says we should discuss our cowardly ways during "Black History Month".

People like Holder, Sharpton, and Jackson perpetuate racial issues for financial gain. Until race is no longer profitable we are going to continue to have these types of issues. I think Holder was simply opening the door for reparation talks. If you think Obama does not think this is the perfect time to punish whites for something that happened 150 years ago you are kidding yourself. Holders nomination fits right in with Obama's past. His wife thinks this is "a down right evil country", his pastor Rev Wright said "god damn America", and Holder says we are "cowards". How we managed to elect a person that hates this country and surrounds himself with people that have nothing positive to say about this country amazes me.

Folks we are in for a rough 4 years. The only thing we have going for us is Obama's policies will fail, the question is will they fail before the next election. I hope for the sake of this country they do. If not we may never recover for the massive handouts Obama is signing.

No comments:

 
Subscribe to RLCDE

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com